It's Going To Be A Long Summer Vacation

Hello everyone!

Just read the news yesterday that, apparently, our school calendar will shift and Academic Year 2014-2015 will start in August. Four months out of school, and that means a lot of time for papercrafting. So much time I could devote to it and yet...

My problem, and this has always been my problem for years and years, I cannot stop reading. I would start reading something and say, "Oh, just two chapters today." or "Just those two articles," and then I will do chores. Or do some crafts. No. That never happens. I would devour that book till the last page, and would realize the day has come and gone. Sometimes, I would realize, months have passed. 

I wish I could say, "I will do crafts this coming four months and nothing but that," but I'm sure it won't be true. I'll try my best. I hope this would be better than my New Year's Resolutions where none ever came close to happening.

Here's me. Giving myself a pep talk to do creative things in the next four months. GO!

0 comments:

Ms. Ilyn is a licensed architect who decided that teaching arts and crafts, or making them, is way more fulfilling than dealing with contract documents, estimates and technical specifications. She taught Architectural Drafting and Painting to High School Students for five years, and Arts for Pre-K to Grade 3 Pupils for three years. Now, she's back to dealing with the nitty gritty of architecture, but the meditative aspect of papercrafting remains unchanged.

Please email us at: info.paperbasket@gmail.com